[Savannah-hackers] Re: Hardware for CVS repository? Backups?

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Hardware for CVS repository? Backups?
Date: 09 Oct 2003 08:12:29 +0200

"Mitch Davis" <address@hidden> said:

> Hello Savannah hackers,
>
> How reliable is the Savannah CVS hosting service?
> Is there hardware redundancy?  (Such as RAID1?)
> Is there operational redundancy?  (Such as
> regular CVS repository backups to another host)
> Is there network redundancy?  (Such as more than
> one ISP?)

There are no redundant server.
If you know people willing to provide these server, please tell us.

> I am looking for a good place to host the CVS repository for the
> qvwm window manager.  Given SourceForge's increasing problems, I
> would like to find a place that has some measure of failure
> tolerance.

Savannah have (IMHO) a better web interface than SourceForge and a
strictly Free Software policy.
But Savannah does not have necessarily a better computing facility
than SourceForge.

> I have looked in the FAQs and on the web without
> success for something about Savannah's CVS server
> configuration.  I *have* found some people
> grumbling about CVS server availability at Savannah:
>
>   http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/circle-discuss/2003-06/msg00021.html
>
> Can someone give me some information please?

There's not so much information to give about this thread. These
messages have no context (when ? why ? who ? where ?).

The CVS works for me and I use it almost everyday.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org