[Savannah-hackers] Hardware for CVS repository? Backups?

From: Mitch Davis
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Hardware for CVS repository? Backups?
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:56:33 +1100

Hello Savannah hackers,

How reliable is the Savannah CVS hosting service?
Is there hardware redundancy?  (Such as RAID1?)
Is there operational redundancy?  (Such as
regular CVS repository backups to another host)
Is there network redundancy?  (Such as more than
one ISP?)

I am looking for a good place to host the CVS
repository for the qvwm window manager.  Given
SourceForge's increasing problems, I would like
to find a place that has some measure of failure
tolerance.

I have looked in the FAQs and on the web without
success for something about Savannah's CVS server
configuration.  I *have* found some people
grumbling about CVS server availability at Savannah:

  http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/circle-discuss/2003-06/msg00021.html

Can someone give me some information please?

Many thanks,

Mitch.