Re: [Savannah-hackers] What happened here?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] What happened here?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:32:44 -0700 (MST)

    I tried to help, and then Savannah, appeared so I suggested that he
    went there. I don't know what happened after that, except for the fact
    that the project is already there.

At present we are only providing space on Savannah to GNU packages.
We don't want a package to appear in Savannah as if it were a GNU
package if it is not a GNU package.

We're thinking about opening up our facilities to other free software
projects, but if we do, we will keep them visibly separate from GNU
packages.  So even after that change happens, we won't want a non-GNU
package to appear in Savannah as if it were a GNU package.

For the present, please suggest Savannah only for those who want to
make something a GNU package, and please tell them the first thing to
do is to offer to make it a GNU package.

Meanwhile, two questions remain: how did this get approved on Savannah
when it was not listed as a GNU package, and what should we do now?
Does anyone know the answer to the first?  Any suggestions for the
second?