Re: [Savannah-hackers] What happened here?

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] What happened here?
Date: 25 Mar 2001 21:20:26 -0500

> Hugo Gayosso wrote:
>
>     There is a project opened in Savannah that is working in a LaTeX
>     manual, maybe you could join forces.
>
>     https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/latex-manual
>
>     John Arley Burns <address@hidden> is the person leading that project.
>
> This may be a good project, and we might want to host it.  But it
> isn't a GNU project, and that raises the question: how did it get onto
> Savannah without my knowing about it and approving it as a GNU
> project?

This project is quite old, it is still a mailing list created with an
email alias only. At GVC we send anybody interested in helping with a
LaTeX manual to that team.

- From the aliases file:

# This team is writing a GNU Latex Manual
# Team formed: 9/6/1999
# Team completed:
# Mailinglist creator: elgin
#
#       address@hidden, removed by elgin 5/1/00 due to bouncing
latex-manual:
        address@hidden,
        address@hidden,
        address@hidden,
        address@hidden,
        address@hidden,
        address@hidden,
        address@hidden,
        address@hidden,
        address@hidden,
        address@hidden,
        address@hidden,
        /com/archive/latex-manual
owner-latex-manual: gnu-volunteer-coordinators
latex-manual-request: gnu-volunteer-coordinators

> What happened here?

John Arley Burns <address@hidden>, told me that the activity had
decreased a lot, almost to the point of abandoning the project, he
asked for some web hosting and a place to put the work he and the
others had already done. I suggested using the development resources
that GNU provided, he sent some emails asking for web hosting,
accounts, CVS, and whatever it was necessary, but he didn't get

I tried to help, and then Savannah, appeared so I suggested that he
went there. I don't know what happened after that, except for the fact
that the project is already there.

> This is an important question.

I hope it has been answered.

Greetings,