Re: [Savannah-hackers] Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savannah an

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savannah and non-GNU software)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 01:22:07 +0000

>>> Mike Nugent <address@hidden> 24-Mar-01 6:56:55 PM >>>

>Obviously, I'm running out of ideas, but you get the
>picture. All of these domains were available as of
>timestamp.

rms has suggested using a subdomain and that makes sense to me.

If we do that we have many more possibilities:

  freecode.fsf.org
  fresssourcecode.fsf.org
  freesoftware.fsf.org

etc...

"fsf." is not many extra characters to type (err... specifically: 4)
and it has a kind of ring to it that sounds good. It also makes clear
that the FSF is the sponsoring organisation which I also commend as a
good thing.

Nic Ferrier