Re: [Savannah-hackers] Mailman setup on fencepost

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Mailman setup on fencepost
Date: 16 Mar 2001 21:40:59 -0500

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Martin,
>
> I help the savannah project for the mailings lists attachment to
> savannah. I do not know if you are subscribed to savannah-hackers, so I
> am going to summarize what I've done recently. I needed to allow everybody
> to create a link between its savannah project and their mailings lists.
> Fo this, I've made a form that asks for the name of the mailing list and
> its admin password. A cgi checks them. If they are correct, it dumps
> some informatation which are stored in the savannah database.
>
> This CGI script is called sfverify. I've installed it in the mailman
> directory (actually the wrapper and the script). Therefore I'd like to
> know where I can document what I've done, thus someone, who'd want to
> upgrade mailman, would know what he has to do to add this scripts. And
> people would know who they can contact if they need some information
> about the script.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Regards,

fencepost:/gd/gnuorg/sysadmin/sysadmin.texi

There is a node for Mailman.

In a related topic, I used your "attach" feature to attach the mailing
list for the GNU Software Evaluation Team.

The mailing list is called: gnueval, and it is private.

Being private means that it is not "advertised" by Mailman at:

So, when I attached it to Savannah, I got the following:

[Mailing Lists]  Mailing Lists ( 0 public mailing lists )

I guess it is correct, because it is not public, I just wanted to let
you know.

When you click on it you get:

gnueval Archives (go to Subscribe/Unsubscribe/Preferences)

So I think everything works as expected even with private mailing
lists.

Greetings,
- --
Hugo Gayosso