Re: address@hidden: Re: [Jeff Bailey <address@hidden>] Re: [Savannah-hac

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Jeff Bailey <address@hidden>] Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU and FSF Organizational Files]
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 14:20:31 -0500

> > b) I'd like to hear how people plan to handle the things in
> > /gd/gnuorg/Makefile

I would very much like gnuorg to go in CVS, but I haven't the time to make
the Makefile DTRT.  I hope someone can work on this, because I'd hate to
have the import delayed waiting for someone to work on that.

(BTW, I do agree with devnull that issue needs to be handled, and that it's
 a good idea to wait a week no matter what.)

Here's an idea for the makefile:

   Have it still run in /gd/gnuorg, and add all it's derived objects to
   .cvsignore.

Would that solution work?

> > gnuorg started out, I believe, as a subdirectory of RMS's homedir, I
> > would guess in 1984 or something, and no serious attempt has been made
> > to think about organization since then; if we're going to make the
> > drastic change of moving to CVS, we might as well think about how we
> > really want to have things organized.

> I definitely agree with this re-organization.

I would like to have it reoganized, too.  I would be inclined to say: "let's
put it in CVS, then reorganize", but then I worry about CVS' issues with
moving around files and directories (i.e., it doesn't handle it well).

I would also hate to see long discussions about a reorg slow down getting it
in CVS.