Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mercurial ssh access issues

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mercurial ssh access issues
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:22:24 +0200

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 02:47:17PM +0200, Aleix Conchillo Flaqué wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  Yep, that's right?
> >

> I only have six or seven afternoon savane experience, but I think so,
> at least it makes more sense. :-). The problem was that I did not
> understand how the sv_membersh was used (see below).
>
> >  The shell is configured using:
> >   our $sys_shell="/usr/local/bin/sv_membersh";
> >  in /etc/savane/savane.conf.pl
> >
> >  (it's not easy to discover that given the current state of the
> >  installation process, indeed)
> >

> I do have the file, but no $sys_shell. I've found that the
> savane.conf.pl file is configured by sv_update_conf and that a --shell
> param can be specidifed. The $sys_shell is then used to specify the
> user shell whenever a new user is added. I've also seen that
> sv_update_conf is called by the Debian postinst script. Did you run it
> manually for the qemu installation? Is it possible to update the qemu
> image?

sv_update_conf is the lengthy configuration process that I removed
when I autoconficated the package and introduced safe defaults values
for the frontend. We now only need a few additional clean-ups (like,
documenting the configuration file and installing default
configuration files). I don't intend to use sv_update_conf again. In
particular, most of the frontend configuration isn't needed anymore.

--
Sylvain