savannah-dev

Re: [Savannah-dev] Savannah bug assignment - Who?

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] Savannah bug assignment - Who?
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 01:07:29 +0200

Laurent Julliard writes:
 > Now that we have a bug tracking system in place on the Savannah, it
 > would be great to assign roles:
 >
 > a) Who wants to dispatch the freshly submitted bugs with no assignee? It
 > is better if it is one single person. It means that you run a query on a
 > regular basis to look for Open and Unassigned bug and you change the
 > "Assigned To" field

        I've created a new exclusive role task (same principle as
project moderation). I assigned it to myself and I propose that we
rotate this one among ourselves. Since we pretty much know who's in
charge/more able than others, I guess dispatching won't be a problem.

        Since Jaime and I are taking turns (weekly) for project moderation,
I'd be inclined to deal with bug dispatching at the same time. This is
only speaking for myself, Jaime is free to wether he wants to take turns
on bug dispatching, of course.

        To summarize, I'm willing to take 1/2 weeks for bug dispatching.
My week ends sunday who's willing to take the other week ?

        I'm not too worried by the bug dispatch workload since most
traffic goes thru the support requests and Mathieu is already doing a
wonderful full time job handling them.

 > b) who take ownership for the various bug categories (see the list of
 > "modules" in the Category pull down menu). Of course I take the
 > ownership for the bugs that relates to the Bug tracking system.

        Good to know :-) The de-facto dispatch as of today is:

bug -> ljulliar
cvs -> villate if viewcvs
mail -> gmorin
content/php engine -> yeupou