rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] Introduction

From: Martin Stricker
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Introduction
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 02:14:38 +0200

Gordon Buzowetsky wrote:

> > </rant>
>
> More rant----------;-)

This kind of ranting started RULE in the first place, so keep on... ;-))

> My knowledge of rpm is very limited...but can't we install the X
> related rpms with --nodeps???

It would install, but would it work? --nodeps and --force are
*dangerous*, you should use them only if you know *exactly* what you are
doing.

I think we'll have to provide our own RULE X solution on the long term.
But that will take a lot of work and time...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Webmaster-Forum: http://www.masterportal24.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi
Red Hat Linux 7.2 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/