replacementforms-discuss

[Oracle Forms replacement] Ways to start this project

From: Jorge Cabezudo Perez
Subject: [Oracle Forms replacement] Ways to start this project
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 01:33:26 -0500

Many people are still using Oracle Forms to build their tools because it's features to create forms fast and built-in buttons and options that every user normally use.
I think that people who want an alternative to Oracle Forms must follow a long-term project because the evolution of the Oracle Forms software. The current release is 11g, web-enabled and with webutil library to enable the web-forms access to web-client resources.
Advanced Oracle Forms programmers must give their knolwedge about this product to the best skilled programmers in java or another client-server language.
Forms has an API which can be a start to emulate their functionality. People can write the same functions with differents names.
Also we can use the XML format of the forms builder for reverse-engineer the format.
Oracle Forms has the ability to use another database because of its transaction and database triggers replacement.
Hope people give a chance to start this interesting project.

--
Jorge Cabezudo Perez
Oracle Certified Professional DBA