Re: [rdiff-backup-users] State of the rdiff-backup project

From: Yves Martin
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] State of the rdiff-backup project
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 10:30:56 +0200

I just read "regress.py" and I am concerned by this comment:
Currently this does not recover hard links.  This may make the
regressed directory take up more disk space, but hard links can still
be recovered.

As I use rdiff-backup for my own laptop backups, it "often" fails and
regress for many reasons (no more disk space, got into sleep state...)

So do I understand well that there is a potential disk space leak in my
repository after multiple regressions leaving "non recovered hard
links" ?

If so, how should I evaluate this disk space loss and eventually recover
it "by hand" ?

Yves Martin