Re: [rdiff-backup-users] State of the rdiff-backup project

From: Tobias Leupold
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] State of the rdiff-backup project
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 19:30:49 +0200

> You're not going to change that without a major rewrite.

> Like you, I'm no Python guy.

I like Python. And I like rdiff-backup. But perhaps, some skilled programmer
has the energy to take the "chance" of the questionable state of rdiff-backup
by only continuing the concept of rdiff-backup and rewriting some similar
program from scratch, e. g. in C++. Perhaps with some metadata database to
solve the regression issue (which really sucks). And so on.

Not that I would be remotely skilled enough in C++ to do so ... I'm only
thinking about what could be done ...