Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Why do I see a huge variation in the time rdiff

From: Robert Nichols
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Why do I see a huge variation in the time rdiff-backup takes?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 18:20:59 -0500

On 03/31/2015 05:42 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

               If  set,  rdiff-backup will preserve uids/gids instead of
               to preserve unames and gnames.  See the USERS AND GROUPS
               for more information.

I would also read the USERS AND GROUPS section for the caveats and other
ways to deal with this.

Better test that first. I believe that the original Uname is still
recorded in the mirror_metadata files, and any difference would
be treated as a change. Mapping of UIDs vs. Unames would affect
the actual ownership of the files in the mirror and increments
directories and the ownership of restored files.

                Do NOT delete it.