Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Mirror_metadata corruption on OS X 10.4

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Mirror_metadata corruption on OS X 10.4
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 11:01:52 -0600

> How do you do your automatic testing?  I wonder if I can use my
> machine to do some automatic tests on OS X?  I'm willing to try, but
> I am not a developer, so there are no guarantees that I will be able
> to make it work.

I use python unittesting framework.  The tests are in CVS in the
testing/ directory.  (About 40% of rdiff-backup's total code is test
code that isn't included in the package.)

Unfortunately, the tests are setup for developers and not end-users,
and require some python knowledge.  Also they aren't very robust and
probably need tweaking to run on other platforms.

Daniel Hazelbaker added some Mac OS X specific tests when he patched
in resource fork support.  But they are out-of-date I doubt anyone but
he has run them.