Re: [RP] linux distro for ratpoison/minimalist config on laptop?

From: Zed Lopez
Subject: Re: [RP] linux distro for ratpoison/minimalist config on laptop?
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 12:48:37 -0700

For non-desktop Ubuntu, install a "command-line only" system from the
Alternate Install CD, then install xorg, xdm, ratpoison, xscreensaver,
whatever fonts, and an x-terminal emulator.

My somewhat outdated (Ubuntu 9.04) guide to setting up a
ratpoison-emacs-centric Ubuntu system is here:

http://www.zedlopez.com/strangeloopiness/2010/03/what_i_do_after_installing_ubu.html

As Ross notes, this approach leaves one without a lot of things. I
like it that way.