Re: [RP] linux distro for ratpoison/minimalist config on laptop?

From: tomm smith
Subject: Re: [RP] linux distro for ratpoison/minimalist config on laptop?
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 18:57:52 -0400

I run ratpoison on a very basic debian box and it suites me quite well. As for automated stuff I do not have much input, root is my "automation". You can use rpws for multiple desktops, dzen2 to for a notification bar(needs custom code), and links or elinks make nice browsers to keep things in true slim ratpoison style.

Debian would be easier to setup minimally then ubuntu imo, but both are close to interchangeable. Vimperator is a must on firefox in ratpoison if one wants to stick to firefox, if not I believe links,elinks and lynx allow for both emacs and vim style keyboard shortcuts.

Debian is cake to maintain aswell and solid as a brick. Enjoy and god bless.