Re: [Ratpoison-devel] Re: [RP] ratpoison moved to Savannah

From: Pasi Kallinen
Subject: Re: [Ratpoison-devel] Re: [RP] ratpoison moved to Savannah
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:19:36 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Shawn Betts wrote:

"Bernhard R. Link" <address@hidden> writes:

* Shawn Betts <address@hidden> [041203 01:59]:
For a while now I've wanted to move ratpoison to Savannah. Well, I've
finally done that.

The new cvs tree has no .cvsignore file in it. I personally like it this
way, as it makes it easier for me to create clean patches. Thus I wanted
to state so before this might be "fixed".

The annoying thing is then all the machine generated files show up in
my *cvs* buffer.

In nethack-el, rcyeske wrote a utility called mkpatch that only diffs
certain files in the nethack tree. Perhaps this is what we need here.

for f in `cat diff_files`; do
   diff -u $f $clean_rp_dir/$f
done

At least the GNU diff has commandline params for excluding files:

       -x PAT  --exclude=PAT
              Exclude files that match PAT.

       -X FILE  --exclude-from=FILE
              Exclude files that match any pattern in FILE.

--
Pasi Kallinen        |"That's what the boys are there for." -Hitler