Re: [Ratpoison-devel] Re: [RP] ratpoison moved to Savannah

From: Bernhard R. Link
Subject: Re: [Ratpoison-devel] Re: [RP] ratpoison moved to Savannah
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:20:53 +0100

* Shawn Betts <address@hidden> [041204 18:22]:
> "Bernhard R. Link" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > * Shawn Betts <address@hidden> [041203 01:59]:
> > > For a while now I've wanted to move ratpoison to Savannah. Well, I've
> > > finally done that.
> >
> > The new cvs tree has no .cvsignore file in it. I personally like it this
> > way, as it makes it easier for me to create clean patches. Thus I wanted
> > to state so before this might be "fixed".
>
> The annoying thing is then all the machine generated files show up in
> my *cvs* buffer.

Well, with a .cvsignore as managed file in the working dir, one can no
longer change this manually on a working-directory basis. I can add
filenames to .cvsignore, but then a cvs diff shows me the changes to
the .cvsignore file. I can add things into ~/.cvsignore, but then they
are used for all cvs-checkouts.
What about addings those items to CVSROOT/cvsignore? That would have
the disadvantage of also applying to the subdirectories, but would at
least be limited to this project. (And when I read cvs(5) correctly,
should have no other side-effects)

Hochachtungsvoll,
        Bernhard R. Link