Re: [RP] Another fix

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] Another fix
Date: Mon Jul 14 22:48:07 2003

Quoth John Meacham <address@hidden>
> does anyone know whether the problem in xterm where it would not detect
> it's window size properly was fixed in xfree86 recently? I don't have...

To  be clear:  the  xwindow resizes  correctly, but  programs  running inside
it don't  appear
correctly  (i.e. they  still  think  the window  is  80x25 char).   Most
notable with  ncurses
programs.  Using  S-<KP_plus> / S-<KP_minus> to change  text size sometimes
fixes  it.  C-t C-l
always fixes it.

On Knoppix3.2 / XFree 4.3.1, this bug occurs.
On Debian 3.0r1 / XFree 4.2.? this bug occurs.
-trent