Re: [RP] Re: another fix

From: John Meacham
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: another fix
Date: Mon Jul 14 04:47:04 2003

Yeah, that does seem to be what is causing gvim to get the size wrong
initially, but gvim is still buggy in that it should have detected the
new size that ratpoison gives it. hmmm.. Perhaps sending a fake
ConfigureNotify to windows right after mapping will solve these problems
as apps expecting their toplevel windows to be created with the size
given and and THEN resized by the window manager. I will experement
some. it may be that the only reasonable solution is to fix the broken x
apps one by one. a noble goal in any case.
        Anyway, the extra xsync in my patch should help to make sure a
proper configurenotify is generated and hopefully we will catch a few more
apps with the redisplay.
        John