[RP] SMP and ratpoison

From: William R Thomas
Subject: [RP] SMP and ratpoison
Date: Mon Dec 23 02:52:03 2002

I am not sure how closely the Sourceforge bug tracker is being
followed for ratpoison, so I figured I would repost here.

The text if the original bug is available here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=651655&group_id=10306&atid=110306

But the short synopsis is, with every version of ratpoison I have
tried, I have been plagued with ratpoison becoming unresponsive and X
windows needing to be restarted to allow me to do anything related to
windowing.  The ratpoison maxes out the processor, and any 'ratpoison
-c's stick around forever without doing anything.

Using the same version of ratpoison + the same libraries etc at my
house, ratpoison is as stable as can be.  The only difference I have
been able to determine is that my work machine is SMP.

Is anyone running ratpoison on an SMP box with success?  Has anyone
seen this type of behavior and figured out what is going on?

--
        William R. Thomas
        Corvar                               address@hidden