qexo-general

[Qexo-general] changed to xml parsing

From: Per Bothner
Subject: [Qexo-general] changed to xml parsing
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:01:33 -0700

I checked in some changes to how XML is parsed, and specifically merged the NamespaceResolver class (now gone) into ParsedXMLToConsumer. While doing ds I made some optimizations. Specifically, tag and attribute names only cause new Strings and Symbol objects to be allocated the first time they are seen. There is one more optimization that I'd like to try, when I have time, but first I want to make sure what I've done so far works.

So I'd appreciate if people who parse XML files with Qexo:
(1) check that I haven't broken anything;
(2) see if you notice any performance difference.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/