qexo-general

[Qexo-general] query to a collection of xml documents

From: Noemí Matías
Subject: [Qexo-general] query to a collection of xml documents
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:29:31 +0200

Hi all.

I have a collection of xml documents in a directory and I need to select the documents that satisfy a condition from a Java application. For example, to select all documents whose node Name was 'John'.
I don´t previously know the xml documents names and I don´t want to use any kind of database.
Is it possible to make a XQuery to that collection of documents that are stored in a directory by passing the directory name?
I've been searching the implementation of the collection function (it is defined in the XQuery standard) in Qexo but I didn´t find it.

Can somebody tell me how can i do a query to a collection of documents stored in a directory using Quexo? . Or is there any other open source implementation to do this?.

Thanks in advance.
Noemí