qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] State of QEMU CI as we enter 4.0

From: Fam Zheng
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] State of QEMU CI as we enter 4.0
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 13:49:38 +0800

> On Mar 15, 2019, at 23:12, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 03:57:06PM +0000, Alex Bennée wrote:
>> As we approach stabilisation for 4.0 I thought it would be worth doing a
>> review of the current state of CI and stimulate some discussion of where
>> it is working for us and what could be improved.
>
> Thanks for this summary and for all the work that is being put into CI.
>
> How should all sub-maintainers be checking their pull requests?
>
> We should have information and a strict policy on minimum testing of
> pull requests.  Right now I imagine it varies a lot between
> sub-maintainers.
>
> For my block pull requests I run qemu-iotests locally and also push to
> GitHub to trigger Travis CI.

Well, long story short, by pushing to gitlab.

If the patchew importer is changed to push to a gitlab repo that is watched by
the same set of gitlab runners (this is a supported setup by gitlab CI), all
posted patches can be tested the same way.

It’s a natural next step after we figure out how to automate things just for
Peter's manual pre-merge testing, as long as the machine resources allow
testing more subjects.

Tesing private branches are much more costly depending on test set size and
developer numbers. Maybe it’ll be have to limited to maintainer branches first.

Fam