qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] State of QEMU CI as we enter 4.0

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] State of QEMU CI as we enter 4.0
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:54:56 +0000

Ed Vielmetti <address@hidden> writes:

> There are a couple of options hosted at Packet - Shippable, Codefresh, and
> Drone. I perhaps know more about Drone than the others. Each of them have a
> supported/sponsored version which can be used to produce arm64 binaries
> natively.
>
> I'll admit to dropping into this conversation in mid-stream though - what
> is the overall goal of this effort? Knowing that it might be easier to
> suggest a specific path.

Apologies I did drop you into the CC half-way. The thread can be viewed
in our archives:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2019-03/msg04909.html

but essentially as we finish another dev cycle we are reviewing our
current CI setup and looking to see how we can add additional
architectures to our current setup which is currently very x86 focused.

Individual developers have access to range of machines and the gitlab
runner approach looks quite promising. However it's proving to be harder
to setup in practice!

--
Alex Bennée