qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] State of QEMU CI as we enter 4.0

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] State of QEMU CI as we enter 4.0
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 16:15:21 +0000

Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 03:57:06PM +0000, Alex Bennée wrote:
>> As we approach stabilisation for 4.0 I thought it would be worth doing a
>> review of the current state of CI and stimulate some discussion of where
>> it is working for us and what could be improved.
>
> Thanks for this summary and for all the work that is being put into CI.
>
> How should all sub-maintainers be checking their pull requests?
>
> We should have information and a strict policy on minimum testing of
> pull requests.  Right now I imagine it varies a lot between
> sub-maintainers.

I'll try and fill out the various Testing/CI/ subpages with details but
in short:

 Travis: already documented in Testing/CI/Travis
 Shippable/Cirrus: sign-up with your github id, enable repos you want
 testing
 Gitlab: sign-up (you can use github as a SSO)

> For my block pull requests I run qemu-iotests locally and also push to
> GitHub to trigger Travis CI.

I'm currently pushing to both github and gitlab and then checking I get
green across all of the services (assuming no current breakage).

--
Alex Bennée