qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Binary translation (of code)

From: Tarmo Pikaro
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Binary translation (of code)
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 04:26:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi !

I've analyzed quite a lot of emulators source code, including qemu as well.

But I somehow would like to completely get rid of emulators, and simply convert
application from one cpu/board to another cpu/board.

On wiki pages this is called "binary translation".

- Do you know some open source code projects related to binary translation ?

I'm searching for enthusiasts / gurus who want / could be involved in this
excersise as well.

My intrest also goes beoynd one windows - linux - I would like to
binary translate also
older console games - like nintendo/super nintendo rom (directly to .exe).

I was thinking about starting from qemu and cracking it into correct direction
-

has anyone ever tried to:

- put qemu in visual studio (or other ide where it can be debugged)
- cross compiled qemu with cygwin ?
 --
Have a nice day!
Tarmo.