pspp-users

Re: Re: save translate error

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: save translate error
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 20:25:59 +0100

>> Hi,
>>
>> I try to export a part of my sav file into a text file to treat it in
>> another prog.
>>
>> This is the syntax used:
>> save translate
>> /outfile ="C:\Users\ftr\Documents\data\EVS-WVS\WVS5Europetrustvars.csv"
>> /type = csv
>> /fieldnames
>> /cells = values
>> /keep v3 country v125 to v130.
>>
>> The error message says (translated from the French text):
>> Creating temporary file resulted in error  (file name): No such file
>> or directory.
>> Error when opening
>> C:\Users\ftr\Documents\data\EVS-WVS\WVS5Europetrustvars.csv" when
>> writing as a system file: success.
>>
>> This is the original error message:
>>
>> erreur: Cr?ation du fichier temporaire
>> C:\Users\ftr\Documents\data\EVS-WVS\WVS5Europetrustvars.csv.tmpHyg9N8
>> : No such file or directory.
>>
>> erreur: Erreur d'ouverture
>> 'C:\Users\ftr\Documents\data\EVS-WVS\WVS5Europetrustvars.csv' lors de
>> l'?criture en tant que fichier syst?me : Success.

Could you use the latest ReleaseCandidate and try it again? John improved the error handling so it should give 2 error messages now.

If it gives the same error, could you
a)
use
 show temp    or  show all
from the syntax window and check if the reported tempdir indeed exists and if you can create a file there.
b) Try if you can save any file to the filename mentioned in the error message

Have fun