pspp-users

Re: save translate error

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: save translate error
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 11:54:08 -0600

FWIW, I've run into trouble like this when there are spaces in Windows
paths.  It looks like FTR's path doesn't have a space but does Windows
actually have a folder named "Documents"?  When I run the code below (on
the example hotels.sav) and then look in "My Documents" (not "Documents"
although it's there too) I see the test data (so this works for me).

save translate
/outfile ="C:\Users\amead\Documents\test_data.csv"
/type = csv
/fieldnames
/cells = values
/keep v3 v1 to v2.

But this code produces FTR's error:

save translate
/outfile ="C:\Users\amead\My Documents\test_data.csv"
/type = csv
/fieldnames
/cells = values
/keep v3 v1 to v2.

So, again, FWIW...

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

Announcing the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing (JCAT), a
peer-reviewed electronic journal designed to advance the science and
practice of computerized adaptive testing: http://www.iacat.org/jcat