pspp-users

Re: save translate error

From: Alberto Cabello Sánchez
Subject: Re: save translate error
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:47:47 +0100

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 21:13:29 -0800
Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> wrote:

> > The error message says (translated from the French text):
> > Creating temporary file resulted in error  (file name): No such file or
> > directory.
>
> Usually, in creating a file, "No such file or directory" means that the
> directory does not exist.  So, the most likely problem here seems to be
> that the name of the directory is misspelled.  Could you make really
> sure that it is correct?
>
> > Error when opening
> > C:\Users\ftr\Documents\data\EVS-WVS\WVS5Europetrustvars.csv" when writing as
> > a system file: success.
>
> This message seems like a genuine bug, but I cannot see how it would
> happen.  I cannot reproduce it locally (on GNU/Linux), even when I
> specify the name of a nonexistent directory as part of the outfile.

Could it be a privileges issue (e. g. no writing permission on a folder
in the file path)?

Also, it seems "almost OK": it raises an error but then displays "success",
but still an error (as the file is not created). Double-checking the Windows
behaviour regarding this code

  /* Create the file on disk. */
  w->rf = replace_file_start (fh_get_file_name (fh), "w", 0666,
                              &w->file, NULL);
  if (w->rf == NULL)
    {
      msg (ME, _("Error opening `%s' for writing as a system file: %s."),
           fh_get_file_name (fh), strerror (errno));
      goto error;
    }

should be helpful.

--