pspp-users

Re: oblimin rotation?

From: Joseph Saint Pierre
Subject: Re: oblimin rotation?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:51:06 +0200

> Hi,
>
>> In my opinion, it is premature to abandon SPSS for PSPP if you use it
>> for research.
>> It's fine for teaching statistics or introduction to data analysis.
>> If SPSS is too expensive, I suggest you to use a combination of PSPP and
>> R (both free).
>
> I know. That is why PSPP is used for teaching basic statistics only.

Hello.

It is exactly what I thought when I decided in 2005 to supervise
writing a PSPP tutorial in french. PSPP is really great for basic
statistics. To perform complex methods R is better.
GPArotation package can be used for oblimin rotation in R. But I think
PSPP is better than R to handle large data files.

Joseph Saint Pierre
http://cict.fr/~stpierre