Re: [Protux-devel] the bus detection problem + plus parallel makefiles

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] the bus detection problem + plus parallel makefiles
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:21:18 +0200

Luciano Giordana wrote:
I think I found the bug on bus detectetion.

the routines snd_pcm_test_xxxx in MustuxAudioBus are wrongly validating the buses.

You remember that some snd_pcm_test_xxx() functions don't return what's written in the doc (doc out of date) ? We already had this problem once, and finally it worked well when checking for the right return value.

Anyway, i think that sooner or later MustuxAudioBus will require to be completely rewritten. ALSA provides functions to detect audio cards and their capabilities, we just should learn how to use them. And they use .alsarc, so we first should learn to correctly set up .alsarc for multichannel cards.

It seems this is not the correct way to use them (what is correct in ALSA anyway? the docs does not teach how to use such functions clearly). SO I set back to use supports(...) routine that it seems to be working. Please Remon, do not change it until we find for sure the correct way test hardware capabilites.

Also, I am creating some paralles makefiles so I can work smoothly on protux. I beg Martin to full revise autostuff , since I compared with many source packages and protux/libmustux just do too much things when compared, causing more problems here

Perhaps it would help if you would say with wich source pachages you compared it... so i could take a look. As already said, i used the current configuration on several different distributions with several different configuration, and i haven't seen autotools failing since last revision...

/Martin