[Protux-devel] the bus detection problem + plus parallel makefiles

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] the bus detection problem + plus parallel makefiles
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 02:36:51 -0300

I think I found the bug on bus detectetion.

the routines snd_pcm_test_xxxx in MustuxAudioBus are wrongly validating the
buses. It seems this is not the correct way to use them (what is correct in
ALSA anyway? the docs does not teach how to use such functions clearly).
SO I set back to use supports(...) routine that it seems to be working. Please
Remon, do not change it until we find for sure the correct way test hardware
capabilites.

Also, I am creating some paralles makefiles so I can work smoothly on protux.
I beg Martin to full revise autostuff , since I compared with many source
packages and protux/libmustux just do too much things when compared, causing
more problems here than simplicity (that what it was supposed to offer
huh ?:-)

of course I will not touch anything in autostuff, I will just use my makefiles
to avoid spending too much time on these things. They will be simplistic and
probably functional only for Mandrake 10. I will call them by
Makefile.parallel or something like that.

Regards