[Protux-devel] autostuff problems ... really annoying me

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] autostuff problems ... really annoying me
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 22:40:40 -0300

Sorry by being so rude and honest here guy, but sometimes autostuff really
annoys me !

Why I never get the autostuff "lightly" usable here ?

look :

I still have to manually remove "maybe_build_source" references from all
makefiles, otherwise I cannot make install

when protux is in the linking stage : this is the command executed :

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link ccache g++ -I/usr/lib/qt3//include
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I/usr/local/include    -D_REENTRANT -g -O2   -o protux
Audio.o AudioClip.o AudioSourcesList.o BusMonitor.o BusSelector.o
ColorManager.o CursorManager.o DevelGuardian.o FileBrowser.o
GlobalProperties.o GlobalPropertiesDialog.o Help.o Interface.o Main.o Mixer.o
MtaRegion.o Peak.o Project.o ProjectManager.o Protux.o Song.o
SongPropertiesDialog.o Spectrogram.o SplashScreen.o Track.o TrackPanel.o
MTP.o MTA.o SchemaParser.o InfoBox.o MtaRegionList.o BusMonitorMoc.o
BusSelectorMoc.o CursorManagerMoc.o FileBrowserMoc.o
GlobalPropertiesDialogMoc.o SongPropertiesDialogMoc.o InterfaceMoc.o
MixerMoc.o PeakMoc.o ProjectMoc.o ProjectManagerMoc.o SongMoc.o
SpectrogramMoc.o SplashScreenMoc.o TrackMoc.o -L/usr/lib/qt3//lib -lqt-mt
-L/usr/local/lib -lmustux -lm  -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread  -logg  -lvorbis
-lm  -lvorbisfile -lvorbisenc filters/libprotuxfilters.a -lasound -lm -ldl
-lpthread

it just dont work..
I get this error:

libtool: link: unable to infer tagged configuration
libtool: link: specify a tag with `--tag'

so I have to manually edit this big command so I get the linking done.

just to register: I have standard autostuff installed here, on a fresh
Mandrake 10 installation. I checked out from CVS the tree, and can compile
many packages. But not protux/libmustux...

I was wondering.. the autostuff just look too complicated. I compile many
things here. I never get any problem. only with protux/libmustux. I am
considering review this thing, since it is really annoying me ! :-(

RFC