[Protux-devel] INSTRUCTIONS ON 0.20.x STABILIZATION CYCLE AND 0.20 PUBLI

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] INSTRUCTIONS ON 0.20.x STABILIZATION CYCLE AND 0.20 PUBLICATION
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:52:01 -0200

Hi all,
I am assign some task for the team. Of course, RFC on all these.

Me
==

I will work deseperatedly on the "fatty lady" (song class) and JMB engine. Also
I will continue the coding of
base classes need for the undo engine (MustuxObjects). Check PLAN file for
details.

Remon
=====

You will be in charge of critical fixes in 0.20.x

1) copy your CVS tree to another directory

        cp -a ~/protux/head ~/protux/stable

same for libmustux

2) this directory "stable" is a local  tree which will be used.
3) Remove all the CVS entries from this directory. YOU CANNOT COMMIT CHANGES
HERE

        cd ~/protux/stable/
        find . -name CVS | while read i; do rm -Rf $i; done

3) every time a bug is found, you manually fix that bug in this stable tree,
wait for acumulation of many fixes,
change configure.ac release number from 0.20.x to 0.20.(x+1), make dist, upload
the packages.

4) For those fixes that must be repassed to the head CVS tree (the very
critical), you manually duplicate the work
and fix there too, and , of course,  commit those changes.

5) While you take care of the 0.20.x stabilization, I will start the CODE
CLEANING, specially in the "fatty lady"(Song class) and
JMB engine. You can work on these too , but we must be very carefull to avoid
conflicts (we will talk about this in details in
other email)

6) you will concentrate on 0.20.x stabilization cycle until 0.21.0 (some few
weeks), when I will be done with the code cleaning,
Then you can get back to normal work (CVS tree)

7) when the 0.30 is released, we will consider 0.20.x deprecated

REINHARD
========

You will be in charge of publicity (you are pretty good on this :-). Whatever
you need, just ask.

FABIO
=====

You will be helping Reinhard on the public stuff. The docs MUST be reviewed/
updated ASAP since probably
Reinhard will need them.

MARTIN
======
We are waiting you to get back to work. As soon as you can, you will review
some autostuff and other tasks
that will appear in 0.21 cycles.

THE OTHER DEVELOPERS
=====================

We want hear from you who plans to be active in the project next phase. I will
be creating a section something
"Honoured Past Contributors" since without your help, protux wouldnt be great
as it is. But we need to separate
the active members from the non-active. Remember that if you cannot be active
right now, no problem. You can
get into "active members" status anytime.

Again, RFC on all these, and best regards

Luciano

THE
--
Best Regards