Re: [Protux-devel] Changes on version progression

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Changes on version progression
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:54:25 +0200

On Saturday 18 October 2003 18:35, Remon Sijrier wrote:
> > no.. only precode (already made). just 16 bits for now.
> > See the PLAN file, please.

Well, it's almost empty?

But maybe I'm not clear enough, sorry..

I'm recording with 16 bits bitdepth, so all the audioSources are 16 bits. But
alsa only let me play files on my soundcard with "words", thus 32 bits. The
only thing which has to be done to play 16 bit files on my soundcard (in "hw"
mode) , is to put those 16 bit samples in 32 bits, the remaining 16 bits are
just zero. Hopefully I'm not mistaken, but well this should work from what
I've read so far.....
This doesn't require a big change, and gives users with more or less
professional audio cards the opportunity to use protux with more robust alsa
settings.

Remon