Re: [Protux-devel] Bus Monitor looks Cool !

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Bus Monitor looks Cool !
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:00:59 +0200

On Sunday 12 October 2003 16:43, Luciano Giordana wrote:
> .. very very cool !
>
> but the black area seems to be stealing space ...
That's one of the things which I have to work on, but I'll uploaded it so
there could be more feedback on the work I had done allready...

>also, it could but all IN
> bus in a upper row, and all OUT buses in a lower row (RFC), this way, would
> be a little cleaner.
How can it be? There is no space..., unless you undock the window and resize
it at least 2 times bigger....

About the naming:
All IN busses are first displayed, then the OUT busses. The naming of the
busses was just temporarely, I'd like to see it just as:
OUT 1 -- OUT 2 --- OUT 3 --- etc.. IN 1 --- IN 2 -- etc..

The text should then be place _above_ the VU's, only problem is, that there is
NO space for that. Only when the info area is made higher, or the VU's even
shorter...
The great benefit is that the VU base can be _much_ smaller, so more VU's can
fit in the available space (so even 10 busses can be displayed without a
problem)
RFC on this please..

> also,  why there are 2 more rectangles at right with the cards names ? some
> reserved space ?
It's space for card related things, or if for all cards the same actions
apply, it can be only one space. It was meant to contain card specific
information and/or buttons to for example reset the over indicators, max
busses for the card, specifications, like max samplerate, current "real"
samplerate etc...
If this isn't gonna be used, then it can be removed of course.

Greets,

Remon