proofreaders

Re: More proofreading needed for the Emacs manual

From: Gaute B Strokkenes
Subject: Re: More proofreading needed for the Emacs manual
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:50:32 +0200

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, address@hidden wrote:
> We have a new version of the Emacs manual available for
> proofreading, in Texinfo format.  We need twice as much proofreading
> as we have; some parts have not been read, and others have been
> checked by just one person, which is not enough for reliable
> results.  If you have not checked the Emacs manual yet, would you
> please help now?
>
> The file is emacs-manual.tar.gz, it's on alpha.gnu.org in
> gnu/emacs/unreadable/pretest/.

donald:~$ cd em
donald:~/em$ makeinfo emacs.texi -o emacs.info
emacs.texi:1398: @include doclicense.texi: No such file or directory.
emacs.texi:1479: @include maintaining.texi: No such file or directory.
emacs.texi:1491: @include macos.texi: No such file or directory.
./emacs.texi:1002: Next reference to nonexistent node `GNU Free Documentation
License'.
./emacs.texi:1399: Prev reference to nonexistent node `GNU Free Documentation
License'.
./building.texi:4: Next reference to nonexistent node `Maintaining'.

[snip lots of "nonexistent node" errors]

makeinfo: Removing output file `emacs.info' due to errors; use --force to
preserve.
donald:~/em$

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
I want to so HAPPY, the VEINS in my neck STAND OUT!!