Pingus in Danish

From: Erik Søe Sørensen
Subject: Pingus in Danish
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 04:46:43 +0200

Hi all,
I've written a Danish translation.
Before submitting it, however, I'd of course like to test it.

Now, I don't quite know how to test it with the binary version (I've tried copying a .mo file into a location that looked appropriate, and then setting LANG=da_DK - but to no avail). And with the source version... well, I've made progress (run aclocal,autoconf,automake, remember --add-missing, edit po/Makefile, redo, re-checkout data dir (stupid cvs versions problem), rebuild), but there's still a problem:

[Output] PingusResource: Imagefile characters: 109 Resourcefile characters: 189 [Output] PingusResource: Couldn't load font: [Fonts/chalk_large, fonts, ROT0] pingus: pingus_resource.cxx:270: Assertion `!"PingusResource: Fatal error can't
continue!"' failed.

My guess is that the font has no characters for æøåÆØÅ (and thus the very important word "blåbærgrød" cannot be written in it).
A visual inspection of the file in question confirms this.

Now who's the guy to make the Danes and Norwegians happy by adding the Scandinavian character?

/Erik