Re: Pingus still not compiling - errors attached

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Pingus still not compiling - errors attached
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:08:21 +0100

On Friday 24 January 2003 20:01, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> As ClanLib is in theory supported on Windows don't the release static
> binaries at all? They should but I seem to remember something being not
> quite right with that, but they might have that sorted now.

ClanLib is mainly supported on Windows. It's just that right now all links to
binaries on clanlib.org are dead.

> How much smaller? I turn on Release mode (much smaller), /OPT:NOWIN98
> (about 10-50Kb smaller), and multithreaded dynamic link library (even for
> .exe's, about 20Kb smaller)

Since I too built the libs in release mode there must be something different
or for some reason I still got debug information included. That's the only
thing which would explain a size difference around factor 10.

> These settings should all be in the .dsp/w files with Pingus.

I'd love to see how large a Pingus binary compiled on my machine is... ;-)

Bye David