Unofficial Debian packages for all modules - Was: Re: [phpGroupWare-deve

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Unofficial Debian packages for all modules - Was: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Fudforum for debian
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:27:03 +0200

Hi.

I've updated the source package's construction rules so that unofficial
Debian packages can be constructed for all phpGroupware modules not
officially included in the Debian archive (the new debian/rules and
associate stuff is only in our SVN at the moment, not yet in the
official Debian source package).

The trick is to regenerate the Debian packages with a special flag :
excerpt from
(http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-phpgroupware/trunk/svn-buildpackage/phpgroupware-0.9.16/trunk/debian/phpgroupware-0.9.16.README.Debian?op=file&rev=0&sc=0)

        Unofficial packages for other modules
        -------------------------------------

        You may try and re-generate local unofficial Debian packages for other
        modules not maintained in the official Debian archives.

        To do so, please unpack the Debian package sources, and rebuild it with
the following command :

        $ BUILD_NONDEBIAN=1 dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -b -rfakeroot

        Setting the BUILD_NONDEBIAN flag, will instruct the debian/rules
        script to produce all the phpGroupware modules included in upstream's
        tarball with a version whose suffix will be "-unoff1".

        Of course YOU MAY ONLY USE SUCH LOCALLY GENERATED PACKAGES AT YOUR OWN
        RISK (well, the same stands also even for the official packages, of
        course). The Debian maintainers only provide this as a convenience for
        phpGroupware users. Bugs should be reported upstream for these
        unofficial packages.

I have generated and uploaded such packages in an unofficial archive at
http://picoforge.int-evry.fr/projects/svn/phpgwdeb/ (see
apt/sources.list instructions at
http://picoforge/projects/phpgwdeb/ )

Any comments, tests or feedback much welcome.

Best regards,

--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden> (*NEW ADDRESS*)
http://www-inf.it-sudparis.eu/~olberger/ - OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC