Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Fudforum for debian

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Fudforum for debian
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 18:50:14 +0200

Le mercredi 16 avril 2008 à 23:46 +0200, Olivier Berger a écrit :
> Le mercredi 16 avril 2008 à 03:08 -0700, Giorgio a écrit :
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there any chance to see a new fudforum-phpgroupware package in
> > debian sid?
>
> Well... I'm not sure we (Debian phpgw maintainers) are really ready for
> maintaining an official Debian package for it... we don't really use it
> ourselves. Also we would need some indications on its "status" as well
> maintained or not by phpGroupware developers, and the security risks
> relating to that module...
>
> But there may be several possibilities to change the current situation :
> * getting a new co-maintainer for it joining our team, who would
> "commit" to maintaining it
> * doing some unofficial packaging

Hmmm... I think I forgot another option.

We may add a tool in the Debian package which will help enabling the
missing modules by getting a copy from phpgroupware's subversion
repository, ala pear/cpan, etc if you want.
After all, for most of them, the Debian packaging is mostly void : just
putting the right dir under /usr/share/phpgroupware/ ...

Of course, such a feature may as well be present in phpgroupware's setup
(something like a module download tool) ;-)

Comments ?

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <address@hidden> (*NEW ADDRESS*)