RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Discussion: include/require stateme nts

From: Kai Hofmann
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Discussion: include/require stateme nts
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:22:54 +0200

> Yes the performance hit from translations is something that
> needs to be
> fixed.  Are you offering to fix it?

Last I I asked, everybody told me that others are already
doing some work (framework) on it.
So I am still waiting to see this work.

> That is what we have the setup app for.  Again you have cut
> the relevant
> part of the post out.  The point is to run some basic checks using
> include_once in the header and setup to make sure the install is setup
> properly.  If it isn't then we present a clear error to the user, no
> something like
>
> Which is more useful for a user

I think only administrators will setup a groupware and can find these
kind of problems.

> I don't think an end user you ever be presented with a raw php error.

Thats correct, but as said before these kind of errors can
not happen to end users, only to administrators who are doing
a setup.