Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Synchronization support for phpGW - Draft

From: Markus Kaemmerer
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Synchronization support for phpGW - Draft
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:00:40 +0100

"Brian Johnson" <address@hidden> wrote:,

>I'll look at it but I always have trouble understanding the theory from you
>guys

Did you read the complete documentation? I tried to be as clear as
possible (as far this is working in a foreign language) to allow other
developers easy understanding of the concept. If you think that
something is not clear enough please give me a hint (capter and topic
whould be helpful).

I know, this document consists of 20 pages of theory but I think this
is necessary with such a complex topic (as you know: "proper planing
prevents piss pour performance").

>However, I do have perl conduits for coldsync that 'mostly' work (of course
>not for
>the new addressbook)
>They are yours if you want them

Of course I am interested in all source code regarding synchronisation
support. But I don't think, that a coldsync conduit written in perl
will help that much at the moment. The reason for this (and possible
solutions) are described in chapter 1.6.1.1 and chapter 1.6.1.2.

>There is also some theory on the docs.phpgroupware site that you should read
>and
>consider

All relevant links from this site you can find in the link section of
your document, sorted and annoted.

>There is also a sycml system in cvs that I don't think ever got much beyond
>theory

I had a look throuh it. It is not much that will help us, badly.

>Lastly, that other gw has been working on xmlrpc and might have something
>useful

We will use the already available XML-RPC implementation from 0.9.16.

Thanks for your comments,
Markus