Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Synchronization support for phpGW - Draft

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Synchronization support for phpGW - Draft
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:34:32 +1100

Brian Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'll look at it but I always have trouble understanding the theory
> from you guys

It took me a while to get into the probiz theory.

> However, I do have perl conduits for coldsync that 'mostly' work
> (of course not for
> the new addressbook)
>
> They are yours if you want them
>
> There is also some theory on the docs.phpgroupware site that you
> should read and
> consider

I have been discussing the concepts with probiz for around 3months.
This is a better implementation of the theory on docs.phpgroupware.org

> There is also a sycml system in cvs that I don't think ever got
> much beyond theory

Yep ... and sync4j works :)

> There is also a conduit started by skwashd that might help

This is a lot broader than that.

> Lastly, that other gw has been working on xmlrpc and might have
> something useful

We have working xmlrpc too.  We don't need to take anything from EGO.
This is a phpgw project.

Probiz has done a great job with developing the concept and have already
started developing it.

When I met with them yesterday.  It is clear that this work will be done
by probiz.  At the same time, the more hands on board the sooner it is
done.  The design is very modular and well documented.  If people jump
on board we will acheive the dream of sync in phpgw.  Not just palm, but
syncing with just about anything - even jengo's xmlrpc enabled toaster ;)

Cheers

Dave