RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] new template-set

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] new template-set
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:28:49 +0000

>only to let you know:
>there is alot of code in the cvs that is not following the code standard.
>You can see this by creating patches when your editor automagically
>converts spaces to tabs and removes trailing whitespace.

which a good editor shouldn't unless you ask it to.  And some of the code is
still
really old.

>So keeping the original formatting of the original author would be the only
>way that works :(

if it's a 3rd party class they plan on just updating from the author and not
maintaining it that's fine.if it's written for the phpgw project and some level
of
maintanence will be passed on to us then it should follow standards.

The problem was that those files followed no real standards.  It used spaces,
that's
about it.  Sometimes 1, some 2, some 1 before { some not, not all code on the
same
level was actually spaced the same, and so on.  Code formating is something I
tend
to be fairly anal about, so it's probably a good thing that I don't have a real
say
in what standard, or lack there of, gets commited :)