Re: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] More problems found during the SAP DB

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] More problems found during the SAP DB port
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:40:54 +1000

Kai Hofmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > As it seems I have to patch a lot more of te phpgw, because of
> > > reservedidentifiers.
> > > The errors on the bottom have to be evaluated a bit more before
> > > exactlyknow whats the problem there.
> > >

> > I am happy to apply setup fixes, as submitted on the tracker.
> But I
> > think the scope of the overall changes to the schema are too
> great for
> > it to be included in 16.  We are nearing the release of RC2,
> > and I want
> > RC2 to be a short cycle.  These schema changes would appear
> > to create a
> > fair bit of work and require more testing.
> >
> > What do others think?
>
> Schema changes are only to rename the reserved column names a bit -
> so for async I renamed "next" to "nextid".

Unfortunately that patch (and some others you have submitted) have to be
redone.  Always use latest cvs.

> So the changes are not so big - the most problem is to find out all
> SQL statements using such a field by grep.

What time lines are you looking at and what is your test plan/process
for these changes?

> Btw. I have created resevered keyword identifier lists for
>
> mysql, sapd, postgresql, sql92, sql99
> (still have to separate ppostgresql, and sql9x into separate lists
> and finally create one list of all of these.
> Then I can add these wo the wiki.

The lists will be very handy.

This also raises an interesting point.  by using the sql_generator code
from eald, such a change could be made once by simply adding a field
alias and updating the schema.

Maybe for head we could look a adding the reserved word list to the api,
 this would be checked by dbtools (which imho) should be moved from eT
to dev_tools.  The list could also be checked when setup generates the
schema.