Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] ACL2

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] ACL2
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:41:58 +0200

Dan Kuykendall wrote:

where did you do this work (aka where can I see the code)?

I spent some time fixing a few problems in the acl2 code for its handling of inheritance on locations which are not in the db.

I have done some work on the ACL2 as a part of property (HEAD) - would be nice if someone could have a look at it - and even nicer if others can use it.

- The UI shows right, mask and result

Very nice

- Inheritance is saved to the database (both permissions and grants - rights and mask)

Not sure I like this, because inheritance is best handled dynamicly, since we dont know what children there may be.
However, I see the performance boost this could offer.

- If one have admin-access, one can grant per group

nice. this is something I wanted to do as well.

- The locations is stored in the table 'fm_acl_location'
- One can only grant locations that is marked for 'allow_grant' in 'fm_acl_location'

Interesting. I can see lots of potential in something like this,

Lets get together and discuss this a bit. I will show you the code Im working on as well.

Dan

Here is the code(only in HEAD):
/property/inc/class.boadmin.inc.php
/property/inc/class.soadmin.inc.php
/property/inc/class.uiadmin.inc.php
/property/inc/class.acl2.inc.php
/property/templates/default/admin.xsl

the table is named fm_acl2

To see it in action:
admin->property->Permissions
and
preferences->property->Grant access (if you have admin rights - you can grant per group)

I now have (since august) a working production site (on intranet) with 5000 apartments and about 10 concurrent users (40 in total) based on HEAD. Redhat 9, apache 1.3.28 (w/lingerd), php 4.3.3, turck-mmcache 2.4.1 and Mssql

Sigurd