Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] ACL2

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] ACL2
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 09:07:54 -0700

where did you do this work (aka where can I see the code)?

I spent some time fixing a few problems in the acl2 code for its handling of inheritance on locations which are not in the db.

I have done some work on the ACL2 as a part of property (HEAD) - would be nice if someone could have a look at it - and even nicer if others can use it.

- The UI shows right, mask and result

Very nice

- Inheritance is saved to the database (both permissions and grants - rights and mask)

Not sure I like this, because inheritance is best handled dynamicly, since we dont know what children there may be.
However, I see the performance boost this could offer.

- If one have admin-access, one can grant per group

nice. this is something I wanted to do as well.

- The locations is stored in the table 'fm_acl_location'
- One can only grant locations that is marked for 'allow_grant' in 'fm_acl_location'

Interesting. I can see lots of potential in something like this,

Lets get together and discuss this a bit. I will show you the code Im working on as well.

Dan